Not everyone can get to the polling place on Election Day, so registered voters have the option of voting by absentee ballot either in person or by mail. If you have not registered to vote yet, please refer to the section "How Do I Register to Vote.
Absentee Voting Options:
- In-Person Absentee Voting:
This takes place at the Municipal Building, 300 La Crosse Street, during designated times before the election. Dates and times are published in the Dells Events, posted on the city's website & can be obtained by calling the City Clerk's office at 608-254-2012. Registered voters must first show a valid Photo ID before receiving their ballot. State Law prohibits anyone from leaving the building with a ballot.
- Submit request for absentee ballot using the on-line MyVote system.
- Submit request for absentee ballot by mail:
Complete an Application For Absentee Ballot (EL-121) and mail it, along with a copy of your Photo ID to the City Clerk's office at 300 La Crosse Street, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965. Allow for adequate time for the absentee ballot to be mailed to you and returned back to the city.
- Submit request for an absentee ballot by Email or Fax:
Registered voters may submit their Application for an Absentee Ballot via email to the City Clerk at (email@example.com) or by Fax at (608-254-7329) no later than 5:00pm on the Thursday before an election and ballot will be mailed to them. Make sure to include a copy of your Photo ID.
- Per State Law, ballots cannot be picked up at the Clerk's office and taken with you.
- Per State Law, ballots received after the polls close on election day are not counted.