Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Per Wis. State Stat. 125.04(3)(f)(1), all applications for licenses to sell alcohol beverages shall be filed with the City Clerk at least 15 days prior to the granting of the license - which takes place at the Common Council meeting that meets once a month.  In addition, State Statute also requires notice of the application to be published in the local newspaper.  Applications are subject to review by the Legislative Committee prior to going before the Common Council for final approval.  Serving alcohol outside on a patio or deck area also requires a Conditional Use Permit.  Please be aware of these requirements when planning for your license as there are no exceptions to the 15 day waiting period and licensing process.

Click Here for a description of each license type. Make sure to fill out each document in it's entirety before submitting.

Original Alcohol Beverage License Application AB-200
Used for all new license applications.

Supplemental Questionnaire AB-100
Must be completed by all individuals, partners, officers, and agents making application for a license.

Schedule for Appointment of Agent AB-101
An agent must be appointed for all Corporations or LLCs holding a license.

Temporary Class B Beer and/or Wine License Application
Better known as a "picnic license" these licenses are issued to bona fide clubs, chamber of commerce or similar organizations for specific events.

"Class B" Quota Plus Supplemental Form

Must accompany all applications for a Quota Plus (300 seat restaurant) Class B Liquor License

If there is a change in Agent before the license is up for renewal, the license holder must timely appoint a new Agent pursuant to Wis. Stat. 125.04(6). Submit along with an Supplemental Questionnaire AT-103.

Per Municipal Code sec. 16.16, no license shall be released to any person, firm, corporation, partnership, or any other association if they have outstanding debt owed to the city.  All debt must be paid in full prior to a license being released.

Any person 18 or older who is selling or serving alcohol beverages in an establishment with a Class A, B, or C license, must obtain an operator's (bartender's) license, unless the person is under the immediate supervision of the licensee, the agent, or a person with an operator's license.  Immediate supervision means you must be able to see at all times the activities and transactions of those without a license.  It is not enough for the person supervising to merely be on the premises.  Those not needing an operator's license are the individual license holder themselves; their spouse, adult children or parents if they reside with the license holder; and the appointed agent.